Call for Papers
Call for Papers
Tenth Conference on Coal Mine Subsidence,
Sunday 5th November to Tuesday 7th November 2017
Sebel Kirkton Park, Hunter Valley, Pokolbin, NSW
We are pleased to announce the 10th conference of the Mine Subsidence Technological Society, to be held Sunday evening 5th to Tuesday afternoon 7th November 2017. Please put these dates in your diaries. We encourage attendees to prepare a paper on the conference theme or any paper on interesting case studies, or, recent developments in mine subsidence.
Conference theme: Adaptive Innovation for Managing Challenges.
The conference will be held at The Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley, at 336 Oakey Creek Road, Pokolbin, NSW, 2320. See details of this venue at http://www.sebelhuntervalley.com.au.
The conference program will include the following:
- Sunday 5th, 6pm to 8pm – Pre-Conference Reception
- Monday 6th – morning and afternoon presentation sessions
- Monday evening 6th – Conference Dinner
- Tuesday morning 7th – morning presentation session
- Tuesday afternoon 7th – Social gathering and Melbourne Cup celebration
Registrations and accommodation will be available soon on a dedicated online booking system.
Further details concerning the conference will be provided in future newsletters, emails and notices that will be issued closer to the conference date and will be updated on our new website www.msts.org.au.
Warning: The Mine Subsidence Technological Society no longer have any association with the previous domain name mstsociety.org and recommend against visiting this former site and to avoid clicking any links on the site.
Papers are now being sought on any technical or management aspect of mine subsidence, including;
- Latest developments and case studies in subsidence risk management & ground monitoring techniques,
- Management issues associated with complying with state and federal government mine subsidence approval processes,
- Managing subsidence impacts when mining under and/or near;
- important infrastructure, such as pipelines, railways, freeways, bridges, fibre cables, etc.
- natural environmental features including; cliff lines, swamps, rivers, creeks, archaeological and heritage sites, groundwater or surface water resources.
- Community and stakeholder consultation processes,
- Mine subsidence mitigation and remedial measures, and,
- Current research and developments on mine subsidence predictions and assessments.
All papers will be considered for inclusion, based on their current relevance to the themes above and the number of papers submitted. They will be subjected to peer review and printed prior to the conference in hard copy and will be available online for download following completion of the conference.
Abstracts should be received before 1st June 2017. Acceptance of abstracts will be issued about one week after the deadline for submission of abstracts.
Final papers are due by 1st September to allow sufficient time for the conference proceedings to be compiled and printed.
The format for the submission of final papers will be similar to those accepted at previous conferences and the exact details of the final format will be available for download.
Abstracts should be limited to one page only, should clearly state the proposed paper title and should include a very brief description of the paper. The preferred method of submission of the abstract is as an email attachment to email@example.com in *.doc or *.pdf format. On the subject line of the email please indicate MSTS Abstract – (Presenting author’s or authors’ name) and please also name your attached abstract file as MSTS Abstract – (Presenting author’s or authors’ name).doc or *.pdf. Within the abstract please provide;
- Title of paper
- Name(s) of authors
- Name of presenting author or key contact
- Contact phone numbers
- Fax number
- Email address
Tell others about this Conference
Please forward this announcement to all your colleagues and any contact who may be potentially interested in attending this conference.
Further Conference Details
Thank you in advance for your contribution to the dissemination of this Call for Papers and to the success of the conference.
Chairman Richard Walsh
Secretary Peter DeBono
Treasurer Ken Mills
Committee Members James Barbato, Gang Li, Edwina White, Bill Ziegler, Yvette Heritage, David Knott.
|1st June 2017||Deadline for submission of abstracts|
|1st September 2017||Deadline for submission of papers|
|5th November 2017||Conference commences|
A pdf version of this information is available here